XVII Dr. Mabuse Short Film Festival
The Dr. Mabuse Short Film Festival opens the registration period. All short films, coming from those who are interested in taking part in the 17th edition which will take place next June, are more than welcome.
RULES TO PARTICIPATE
- Works can’t be longer than 20 minutes.
- The theme is open: documentary, fiction, animation, experimental.
- Short films must have been made after January 2017.
- The official languages are Catalan and Spanish. Any other language needs to be subtitled.
- Maximum 3 short films per director.
A jury, made up of members of the organisation and media professionals, will meet up in April to select the pieces that will be shown at the Festival. The jury decision will be announced during the month of April 2018 and the organisation will inform the contestants. If your short is selected, you must send a copy in DVD format and a signed permission for the projection. There is no cash prize.
The hard copies of work that has not been selected will remain in the audio-visual archives at the Pati Llimona Civic Center unless they are claimed by the owners, in which case the delivery costs will be on the solicitor’s account. The selected pieces of work will remain in the organisation archives.
The author of the work gives authorization to use a 10% of the work for promotional and advertising purposes. Once registered and chosen, the work could not be removed under any circumstances. The author is responsible for avoiding afecting the right of thirds persons and exempts La Mostra for any legal responsibility.
The participation in the Mostra Dr.Mabuse means accepting these conditions.
Your short film should have a minimum screen resolution of 720×576 (recommended resolution 1280×720).
There are 2 ways you can send your work over:
You can send us the link for downloading it, by filling out the registration form.
- Or you can use the file sending services: Movibeta, Festhome or Click for Festivals. Registration form online not needed.
Deadline is next January 31th!